Re: ODBC with Oracle and Informix on the same server.

From: Francis Wang <wangf_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 7 Dec 1993 15:50:12 GMT

: We have developed ODBC drivers for both Oracle and Informix database
: systems which do not require SQL*Net (or an equivalent). Our products
: work directly over TCP/IP and/or dialup serial lines.

: Contact info_at_visionware.co.uk for more information.

How is this possible? Normally the ODBC driver communicates with the underlying Oracle DLL (ORA6WIN.DLL) which uses SQL*Net for all communication with the Oracle listener. As I unstand you need SQL*Net for any type of client-server communication. Perhaps you're emulating SQL*Net functions within your ODBC drivers? Thanks. Received on Tue Dec 07 1993 - 16:50:12 CET

Original text of this message