Re: V6 Optimizer?: Query based on view

From: <hazledine_at_embl-heidelberg.de>
Date: 18 Oct 93 10:48:43 +0100

rchance_at_netcom.com (Ray Chance) writes:

> [...]
> How do I know which is the situation [which access path is chosen for a
> query from a view] ... when the Form is actually being used?
> [...]

If you use the -s command line switch on the RUNFORM command a trace file will be created, and after exiting from Forms you can process the trace file with the tkprof utility using the "explain" command line switch to generate an access path description for each SQL statement.

David Hazledine                                                EMBL Data Library
Database Administrator                                                PF 10.2209
EMBL Data Library                                      69012 Heidelberg, Germany

Internet: Hazledine_at_EMBL-Heidelberg.DE