VB 3.0 with Oracle ???

From: (wrong string) rgen Schmitz t869881 <SCHMITZ_at_alf1.ngate.uni-regensburg.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1993 08:15:18 GMT

Is VB3.0Prof. really able to run with Oracle? (MS-Hotline says YES but has no solutions)

Did there anybody succeed in using

  • EXECUTE + DB_SQLPASSTHROUGH
  • EXECUTESQL
  • ??

We use Visual-Basic 3.0 Prof. and Oracle V6 running under Novell. (We use SQL*SPX 1.1.1.5)

We succeed in
- Creating Snapshots (performance o.k.)

  • Execute SQL-Commands like DELETE and INSERT by creating a PSEUDO-Snapshot and immediatly CLOSING the Snapshot. But using this trick ODBC opens a Oracle-CURSOR for each SQL-Statement an does not CLOSE the CURSOR after processing ist. This problem does not appear with SELECT-Statements.

We do not suceed in
- EXECUTE with DB_SQLPASSTHROUGH ("Ivalid Parameter")

  • EXECUTESQL (Windows crashes with a memory-error "in VBDB300.DLL at 000A:1B0F"

Schmitz_at_alf1.ngate.uni-regensburg.de
University of Regensburg
Herz-Thorax-Chirurgie Received on Mon Oct 18 1993 - 09:15:18 CET

Original text of this message