OS/2 client crahes Netware 3.11 with Oracle 6.0 !!!

From: Ernst Kloecker <ernst_at_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: 17 Oct 1993 15:03:43 GMT

Sorry for the repost, but the previous subject didn't really hit the point :

Did anybody experience this before :

OS/2 client program (Pro*C) linked with the static version of SQL*Net SPX library is attached to Oracle 6.0 on Netware 3.11. As long as I start up and terminate the client program in an ordinary fashion, everything works fine.

But once I terminate the client program by killing its process and start it again afterwards I get ORA-6465 (Error receiving SPX packets).

Worse, at the same time the Netware server crashes !!!!!!! Error message is "Invalid semaphore passed to kernel (SPX Shadow Process)", or something similar.

Any hints anybody ?

Thanks for any info, Ernst.

Ernst Kloecker phone: ++49-30-6181635 e-mail: ernst_at_cs.tu-berlin.de