Oracle 7 username restrictions ???

From: <anos_at_elmrd6.ineab.ikea.se>
Date: 29 Sep 93 10:51:46 +0200

  Hi

  Can anybody out there tell me why the SYSTEM user is disallowed to start   and stop Oracle 7 ? This has caused some problems since the normal startup   procedure is run by user System. Now we have to fix this by submitting the   startup using an account with UIC > 10.

  Any info/fixes is greatly appreciated.

  /Anders

  |                     Internet anos_at_ineab.ikea.se                         |
  |                Phone +42-46-25 73 08, Anders Ostling                    |
  |                   IKEA Northern Europe AB, Sweden                       |