Documentation of SQL*Forms (3.0) Applications

From: Paul Gatewood <wgap_at_ciba-geigy.ch>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 17:08:17 GMT

Does anyone know of any tools available for extracting information about forms, such as the following:

  1. extracting access to DB objects (e.g. tables, views, sequences, etc) for example, this form performs selects and updates on table X, and selects, updates, inserts, and deletes on table Y.
  2. extracting all uses of referenced procedures

Of course, it is important to check not only the PL/SQL code within the form itself in extracting this type of information, but also the code of referenced procedures.

Of course it is nice if such things are documented using CASE tools, but it is often important to find out how things are in the forms themselves, even/especially if this reality differs from the CASE specified information.

I have seen this need come up several times and the only solutions I have seen have been quite brute-force and time-consuming. Received on Wed Sep 29 1993 - 18:08:17 CET

Original text of this message