Oracle7/Novell product set

From: paul berger <pberger_at_mach1.wlu.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1993 16:28:19 GMT

I need some insight into how Oracle7 Server is bundled for Novell. We are a small team of developers very interested in running Oracle7 on the Novell version 4 platform.

I would like to know specifically what product and versions of product ship with Oracle7 license for Novell 4.

  • Are there procedural and distributed incarnations of the database?
  • Does SQL*PLUS ship with this bundle, Pro*C, any tools, SQL*DBA Windows or PM versions?
  • Apparently SQL*Net version 1.1 ships with the product set. We are not very interested in this product rather version 2.0. Can a 'beta' version of 2.0 be used with the 'production' version Novell server?
  • What protocol support ships with the bundle?

Any futher comments are certainly welcome. Our Canadian Oracle sales rep has been unable to answer all of these questions.

I would appreciate some feedback, perhaps from some of the 'big guns' at Oracle. We are anxious to purchase!

Thanking you in advance...
PB Received on Mon Sep 13 1993 - 18:28:19 CEST

Original text of this message