Re: Help with Oracle 6. SQLDBA question on NOVEL server

From: Daniel B. Bikle <dbikle_at_cco.caltech.edu>
Date: 11 Sep 1993 03:46:00 GMT

rakesh_at_sun490.fdu.edu (Rakesh Narasimhan) writes:

>i would like to startup the oracle database and shut it down via batch
>files.
>Presently:
>---------
>At the novell server i type in "oraload" at the : prompt . Then I load
>sqldba.
>- then I do a SET AUTH DBA/DBPASSWORD
>- then I do a STARTUP
>wherein the oracle instance is mounted.

>Any suggestions about doing all of this in a batch mode from the server.
>basically i want to automate this process so that I can schedule it.

>-rakesh_at_sun490.fdu.edu

I've found a product named "phantom of the console" from a company down in Texas named "Circuit Masters".

I Don't have their # with me; try 800/555-1212

It has some of the same functionality as UNIX cron.

One "feature" it has is it runs my Export 1 hour earlier every night. I have not figured out why. Also I'm having trouble location output from the Export. I can find the Export file fine. If it's about 60Mbytes I say "It's probably okay."

I wish the customer would toss Novell in the trash & get a UNIX machine.

-Dan

Daniel B. Bikle
Independent Oracle Consultant
dbikle_at_alumni.caltech.edu
415/854-9542
P.O. BOX 'D'
MENLO PARK CA 94026
My opinions are the same as my employer's.