Re: Stored Procedure Creation

From: Richard Finkelstein <rfinkel_at_infochi.com>
Date: 10 Sep 1993 08:20:38 -0500

NIBMSCM_at_NDSUVM1.BITNET wrote:
: Anyone out there know of a CASE environment that will allow me to create stored
: procedures for multiple databases in a single development envionment? If I am
: unable to generically create the stored procedures, I would at least like to
: create the stored procedures for Oracle, Sybase and Informix in the same
: environment.

: Thanks for the help...
: | | Regards,
: | : Steve Malme
: | Fargo ->*| Great Plains Software
: |____________| (smalme_at_mcimail.com)

Given the vast differences in syntax and functionality between different stored procedure implementations, I would judge it to be very difficult (probably impossible) to automatically generate stored procedures from a CASE tool. I would be interested if anyone has found a case tool that can do this.

  • Rich -- Richard Finkelstein Voice: 312-549-8325 Performance Computing, Inc. Fax: 312-549-4824 Chicago, IL Mail: rfinkel_at_infochi.com