Help with Oracle 6. SQLDBA question on NOVEL server

From: Rakesh Narasimhan <rakesh_at_sun490.fdu.edu>
Date: 10 Sep 93 00:54:45 GMT

Hi nettors,

i would like to startup the oracle database and shut it down via batch files.
Presently:

At the novell server i type in "oraload" at the : prompt . Then I load sqldba.
- then I do a SET AUTH DBA/DBPASSWORD
  • then I do a STARTUP wherein the oracle instance is mounted.

Any suggestions about doing all of this in a batch mode from the server. basically i want to automate this process so that I can schedule it.

ANy suggestions are appreciated.

-
-rakesh_at_sun490.fdu.edu

Ity's not the pace of life I mind. It's the SUDDEN stop at the end.
-Calvin & Hobbes.