Re: Thanks for Help!!ex

From: <bamon_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu>
Date: 13 Aug 93 10:31:52 EDT

In article <249ljv$a7f_at_gaia.ucs.orst.edu>, mickel_at_OES.ORST.EDU (Paul Mickel) writes:

> Thanks to everyone who answered BOTH my posts. To summarize:
>
> 0. Running Totals - My first post was about doing totals when you had more
> records retrieved than were displayed. There were numerous suggestions that
> I use a "Post-Query" trigger to accomplish what I wanted to do. After some
> testing I discovered that this was not a satisfactory solution (the behavior
> was the same as if I put it in a "Post-Change" trigger). One person suggested using the 'NVL' function. I have not tried this yet, but will do so.

I'm not sure how nvl will help. What you have to do is loop through the rows after the query, forcing the form to query all rows, or select from the database to get your initial total. Then you must cause appropriate increment and decrement of your totals when rows are inserted, deleted or modified.

Jennifer Amon
bamon_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu Received on Fri Aug 13 1993 - 16:31:52 CEST

Original text of this message