Thanks for Help!!

From: Paul Mickel <mickel_at_OES.ORST.EDU>
Date: 11 Aug 93 02:30:23 GMT

Thanks to everyone who answered BOTH my posts. To summarize:

0. Running Totals - My first post was about doing totals when you had more

   records retrieved than were displayed. There were numerous suggestions that    I use a "Post-Query" trigger to accomplish what I wanted to do. After some    testing I discovered that this was not a satisfactory solution (the behavior    was the same as if I put it in a "Post-Change" trigger). One person suggested using the 'NVL' function. I have not tried this yet, but will do so.

  1. Designer's access to SQL*Menu - If I had RTM more closely, I would not have had trouble with this. However, thanks to those who responded, since we are installing the Oracle software next week (hopefully), I need to know how to do this anyway.

Thanks again for the help!!

-Paul
--

Paul M. Mickel Internet:mickel_at_oes.orst.edu Database Programmer, Teledyne Wah Chang Albany, OR 97321 Disclaimer: My employer never claims my opinions (unless it makes a profit). Received on Wed Aug 11 1993 - 04:30:23 CEST

Original text of this message