Synching two databases

From: Mark Fetherolf <markf_at_novalink.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 93 14:43:26 EST

Jenny,
regarding: replication of tables on two interconected systems without two-phase commit

We have addressed a similar problem using an application that polls for changes and replicates them. The applicability of this approach depends on the logical partitioning of the data such that only one location may UPDATE any particular row. In your case, might the same row be updated by both U.S. Mainland and Puertorican Users?

Let me know. If you can achieve partitioning, our application might work for you. Received on Fri Aug 13 1993 - 21:43:26 CEST

Original text of this message