INP ti FRM Coversion

From: David Crowson <zdxc0d_at_amoco.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1993 02:29:12 CDT

In article 17391_at_srg.srg.af.mil, srhein_at_srg.af.mil (Susan Rhein x4486) writes:
-->I am getting inconsistent answers in trying to figure out what I need
-->to buy to do the following:
-->
-->Use a .INP file that was created with the DOS-based SQL*Menu (V.
-->5.0.11.5.3) and SQL*Forms (V 3.0.16.7.5) development tools. I already
-->have the RDBMS and capability to connect to it (all V6), but I need
-->SCO UNIX binaries to run the stuff developed with the DOS tools. I
-->will not be doing development work, I only need to run the
-->executables. I know that in order to do this, one of ORACLE's tools
-->must be used to convert the .INP file to a .FRM file on the SCO
-->machine. I am not sure what the utility is that I need-->
-->
-->

Try the utility $ORACLE_HOME/bin/iag
The IAG (Interactive Applications Generator) is a throw back to V4 and was used as part of the Development Package for forms) (IAG,IAP,IAC...)

To get the parameters for any of these just type the command with no param.s and it will then tell you what you need :-)
-

---

David Crowson          |"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
DBA (ORACLE V.4,5,6,7) | I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to
Amoco Exploration      | move, to get down off this featherbed of civilisation
Ealing, London         | and to find the globe granite underneath and strewn
dcrowson_at_amoco.com     | with cutting flints"
"My views not Amoex's" | - Travels with a Donkey - Robert Louis Stevenson    Received on Wed Aug 11 1993 - 09:29:12 CEST

Original text of this message