.INP to .FRM converting

From: Susan Rhein x4486 <srhein_at_srg.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 93 00:45:39 GMT

I am getting inconsistent answers in trying to figure out what I need to buy to do the following:

Use a .INP file that was created with the DOS-based SQL*Menu (V. 5.0.11.5.3) and SQL*Forms (V 3.0.16.7.5) development tools. I already have the RDBMS and capability to connect to it (all V6), but I need SCO UNIX binaries to run the stuff developed with the DOS tools. I will not be doing development work, I only need to run the executables. I know that in order to do this, one of ORACLE's tools must be used to convert the .INP file to a .FRM file on the SCO machine. I am not sure what the utility is that I need (I was told that "runform" had a -i option that would generate the files, but I believe this may be incorrect). I have researched this a little bit and am wondering if there is a utility called "convform" that has a -i option that does this. If this is the case, then I am wondering what package "convform" is bundled with? If I buy a runtime-only version of SQL*Forms and SQL*Menu will I receive this "convform" utility, or do I need to purchase an entire development environment to get it? There is a significant difference in price between the two and I don't need to do development, so I am hoping the conversion utility comes with the runtime-only package? Can anyone shed some light on this? (I can also provide more details if necessary)

Thanks,

Susan Rhein
srhein_at_srg.af.mil
(410)266-4486 Received on Tue Aug 10 1993 - 02:45:39 CEST

Original text of this message