Command line functions

From: marc.colten <colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com>
Date: 9 Aug 93 18:30:27 GMT

I am using olrunform30 to call up the forms I created sqlforms30. One form can be used for either creating records or updating them. When it is called from a main form (pseudo-menu) I populate a variable "GLOBAL.MODE" as either "CREATE" or "UPDATE" and a Key-Startup trigger checks it. However, I had previously made it possible for the users to call up this form from unix shell.

I have been unable to find anyway to pass a value into the form from unix shell on the command line. olrunform30 will NOT take the -r trigger and these is not mention of what I am trying to do in the documentation. If anyone has doen this, or knows how, I would appreciate an answer. Please e-mail and I will post any ideas that work.

thanks in advance

marc colten Received on Mon Aug 09 1993 - 20:30:27 CEST

Original text of this message