Re: SQL Modules

From: Tim Smith <tssmith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1993 22:12:29 GMT

In article <24b8ld$s46_at_ef2007.efhd.ford.com> theobald_at_asc019.ets.ford.com writes:

>>In article <1993Aug11.215138.1_at_otago.ac.nz>, is40511_at_otago.ac.nz writes:

>>Greetings,
>> In an Rdb/VMS environment I can create SQL Modules. The modules may
>>contain one or more procedures, and can be linked into various programs in
>>pretty much any host language. A SQL Module precompiler comes with Rdb.

>>Is there anything like this in Oracle ? If there is I haven't been able to find
>>it.
>
>Rowan.
> What you desire is one of the Pro packages ....
>
> Pro*C
> Pro*Fortran
> Pro*Ada
> Pro*Cobol

Actually, what he is probably referring to is a compiler for Module Language, which is part of the SQL89 and SQL92 standards. Oracle is planning a Module Language compiler. It's now in test, but I can't say when it will be production. Send me email if you want more info.

tssmith_at_oracle.com Received on Thu Aug 12 1993 - 00:12:29 CEST

Original text of this message