Re: WHERE CAN I GET ORAPERL

From: Tim Bunce <timbo_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1993 09:47:18 +0000

In article <1993Aug6.234344.15806_at_newsgate.sps.mot.com> kramer_at_ash.sps.mot.com writes:
>Re: OraPerl (what it is, how to get it)...
>
>[...]
>
>OraPerl was written by Kevin Stock at Encore (also seems very nice).

 Kevin has since left Encore and sadly has lost his access to the net.

>> The current version of Oraperl is 2.003 (version 2, patchlevel 3).

When Kevin left Encore he posted the 'final' patch (patch 4) to to comp.sources.misc.

Oraperl and the patches are available from ftp.demon.co.uk:/pub/perl/db/oraperl

Kevin, myself and about 25 others have been working since last October on the specification of a new database independent API for perl called DBperl. DBperl will eventually replace oraperl, ingperl, sybperl etc etc.

I'm hoping to release the first two section of the current draft API to comp.lang.perl and comp.databases.* sometime this week. This is to encourage some feedback and get more people to join in the specification work. Archives of our perldb-interest mailing list are in ftp.demon.co.uk:/pub/perl/db/dbperl.

We need more contributors and reviewers. If you are an oraperl user you should have an interest in its replacement - DBperl. To join the perldb-interest mailing list send your request to perldb-interest_at_vix.com.

>kramer_at_cs1.sps.mot.com | From there to here,
>Jim Kramer | from here to there,
>Motorola Compound Semiconductor - 1 | funny things
>2100 E. Elliot Rd. M/D EL609 | are everywhere.
>Tempe, Arizona 85284 USA |

Regards,
Tim Bunce. Received on Mon Aug 09 1993 - 11:47:18 CEST

Original text of this message