crt_type and crt_type_type sequences - name clash on import

From: <Alan>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1993 13:44:15 GMT

I'm justing starting to play around with IMP and EXP on our IBM RS/6000 (Ora v 6.0.34) and got some errors when I tries to re-import a dump I had made. Basically looking at the contents of the export file (which was generated after having done an oracle.install to fill an already created db with suitable system entries) there are two sequences with names used later on by different objects. These are CRT_TYPE which later on is a table and CRT_TYPE_TYPE which later on is an index. The IMP barfs when it tries to put records into a table which turns out to be a sequence - the create table and index presumably barfed as well, but I had ignore create errors switched on.

I obviously can remove the sequences and then recreate the lost bits,m but what are they there for - and how did two different objects with the same name (at the same time) get into the dump?

I assume this is not a critical table in the order of things, but I don't like unsolved mysteries.

Also does any one know a way of running the sql scripts which are run by oracle.install without having to actually re-install the software. In particular re-linking the software for sql*net takes an absolute age. I'm still at the early stages of moving files around and setting things up again when they go wrong, so I seem to be doing this a lot at the moment.

--
	Alan Deacon
	Central Computing Service		Email: a.deacon_at_ucl.ac.uk