Re: Will Oracle Allow Equal Access?

From: Dave Mausner <dlm_at_dlogics.dlogics.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1993 10:51:53

In article <1993Jul8.054216.7730_at_cmutual.com.au> aaj_at_cmutual.com.au (Tony Jambu) writes:
> Maybe it is time we have an official charter for this newsgroup. This is a
> techinical newsgroup not a social discussion group. I do not want to take
> sides but I believe that to carry on and on about issues like this is
> non-productive and a waste of bandwidth on the Net.
> [... speculates on need for moderation (deleted) ]

Professionals who deal with Oracle for a living appreciate the un-moderated nature of this group and can use it beneficially. I am glad to assist those who post questions related to my expertise, and have found plenty here that is useful to me every day.

I don't want to soap-box this issue too much, but it's become normal in our society to transfer control to a higher authority whenever there's a problem with services. Moderating means more work for somebody. Let's just ignore the recent intrusion; let's politely inform the party in this forum that we are conducting technical talk here, thanks anyway.

--
Dave Mausner / Sr Consultant / Datalogics division of Frame Technology Inc
441 W Huron / Chicago IL 60610 / +1-312-266-4450 / "Just show me the code"