Re: client/server ms windows 3.1 applications development

From: Chris Jack <chrisj_at_pro-data.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1993 23:24:49 +0000

 writes:

>>Powerbuilder does not have it's own database, if you need a SQL database on
>>the laptop, look at Watcom and Gupta. I don't beleive that the ORACLE PC
>>standalone will work in a Windows environment (I may be wrong on this)
>
>Version 3.0 of Powerbuilder will have a standalone database option. I
>think it will cost around $1500 for PB plus the database.

The standalone version of Oracle is not a proper client/server database and cannot talk to SQL*Net - hence stuffing up talking to most front end tools including SQLWindows.

I don't suppose you know anything about Powerbuilder's database. Is it going to be an Admiral product or are they pinching it from somewhere? Is it going to be upgradable to multi-user client/server?

--
Chris Jack