Reportwriter & SCCS

From: Ian Parkin <iparkin_at_iris.lssec.bt.co.uk>
Date: 07 Jul 93 10:00:22 GMT

The error that was mentioned in the original posting on this subject is caused by SCCS inserting a newline character to break a long line.

There is a solution to this.

I have two bits of 'C' code that I am willing to post, if required, as Public Domain :-

rex_recover : Attempts to recover when SCCS corrupts a report

rex_sccs : Acts as a filter when putting a report under SCCS or when

               retrieving from SCCS.

The programs basically break long lines before admin/deltas and reconstructs the report upon gets.

As an alternative try using RCS, can anyone confirm that RCS does not corrupt reports in this way ??

Ian A. Parkin.

                        Home : twod_at_socrates.demon.co.uk