Re: Will Oracle Allow Equal Access?

From: Carl Fogelin <fogelinc_at_pt.Cyanamid.COM>
Date: 7 Jul 1993 16:28:15 GMT

Does anyone else find this article strange for a technical forum?

Now, I'm not trying to takes sides here, but these folks work for a contractor service called Medallion. Taking the article at face-value, it appears that Medallion put in a low bid which Oracle Corp accepted. The workers are finding that the pay level is too low. Whose fault is that? Oracle's? No, it sounds to me like it's Medallion's fault. If the bid was too low for proper wages, then the bid was inappropriate.

If you contract to have your house built, what would you do if the plumbing sub-contractor came to you demanding higher wages. Would you get involved or more likely defer his complaint to the general contractor.

I feel Oracle Corp is caught in a contract negotiation between Medallion and the janitor's union. Until I hear both sides of the argument (which is highly unlikely), I refuse to believe the implied complicity of Oracle.

 Carl Fogelin (fogelinc_at_pt.cyanamid.com) "All opinions are strictly mine"

   Up the long ladder and down the short rope,    To Hell with King Billy and God bless the Pope. -- traditional Received on Wed Jul 07 1993 - 18:28:15 CEST

Original text of this message