Oracle works with SuperStor

From: <rzx2122_at_mcvax2.d48.lilly.com>
Date: 7 Jul 93 08:02:04 EST

RE: Drdos SStor & Oracle
Sender: 72072.2122_at_compuserve.com

Sorry I can't reply directly. I am using a POST-ONLY account to send this.

I have gotten Oracle V6 to operate on MSDOS 5.0 using SuperStor disk compression. Nothing special required.

I have DRDOS, but can't remember whether I ever got V6 running on it or not. It seems like I gave up after a while. Your problem is most likely with the memory manager. That has tripped up most DOS/Oracle users.

I don't have information right here, but make sure you set the DYNAMIC_MEMORY option in config.ora and allow the same amount of EXPANDED memory in your CONFIG.SYS file. I'll look for my notes at home and email them to you.

                                            chicago ,--------+  detroit
Tom Harleman                                        |        |
INOUG Committee Member                              |Indiana |
Paradigm Consulting, Inc.                 st.       | Oracle |
11080 Willowmere Drive                    louis     |  Users |
Indianapolis, IN  46280                             |   Group|
USA                                                 |        |
                                                    |      _,+cincinnati
INTERNET:   72072.2122_at_compuserve.com               /   _,'
Compuserve: 72072,2122                             /_,-'louisville
                                                   `
EXECUTE_TRIGGER('DISCLAIMER');