Re: Oracle products for stand-alone PC

From: Jean-Marc Debaud <debaud_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1993 14:29:55 GMT

>Oracle sells their older Oracle 6 for DOS PCs. There will not be an Oracle
>7 for DOS. Oracle 7 is available for OS/2. I do not know the current pricing.

As far as I have heard, there are talks about proting O7 to the dos environment now due to strong demand. Or at least most of it since I don't see how they would implement remote DB integrity.

Yes Oracle works with os/2 but the future of that OS is in doubt, sadly.

Current pricing:

	O6 for dos is about 650US$
	06 with tools is about 1900US$

This is for one license of course.

There was also talk about lowering the RDBMS price due to the price of the competition (much lower) but no action has been taken yet.

	JM
	debaud_at_cc.gatech.edu