Re: decent database tuning books?

From: Gary Eckhardt <eckhardg_at_brooks.af.mil>
Date: 20 May 1993 12:38:03 GMT

In article 737858344_at_otto, dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au (David Bath) writes:
> jstander_at_ml.csiro.au (Jeff Stander) writes:
> > Oracle, Tuning Beyond the Manual
> > Authors: Peter Corrigan and Mark Gurry
> > Available: direct from Authors for A$69
> > 52 Rowena Parade
> > Richmond, Melbourne
> > Australia
> > email: mag_at_scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au (Mark Gurry)
> Actually, Mark said yesterday that Nutshell are having serious discussions
> about publishing it. Mark has certainly been around the traps for a while
> and knows what he is talking about. Met Peter for the first time yesterday,
> and he seems like the no-nonsense sleeves rolled up type. I assume that
> if the book reflects their expertise it will be worth getting.

Does the book address tuning issues that involve CPU specific items? For example, certain process quotas on VMS were causing our database to run at less that expected speeds.

Gary B. Eckhardt                |  Software Development  |  This space for
Computer Sciences Corporation   |  MISTS HSC Support     |  rent or lease.
eckhardg_at_radon.brooks.af.mil    |  (210) 536-2826        |  (Cheap!)

   "If the world was a logical place, all cowboys would ride side-saddle."
                         --Ranger Doug, "The Riders In The Sky"