Re: Update problem with Forms 3.0

From: David Bath <dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au>
Date: 20 May 93 00:44:05 GMT

roleary_at_st.nepean.uws.edu.au (Rocqueforte OLeary) writes:

>G'day,
>Yet another problem with Forms V.3. I have created a form to
>modify a table called ASSETS, with a unique index REFERENCE.
>"FRM-40508: ORACLE error -- unable to INSERT record.".
>I could understand this if I was trying to add a record with
>the same name, but I'm only updating!!! Does any have a solution

  1. REFERENCE sounds too much like an SQL key word and I would avoid it for stylistic and/or paranoid reasons.
  2. I'd think about writing some debugging code to message the key and the SYSTEM.RECORD_STATUS pre-commit. Then you might be able to figure out what is happening. You're not trying to insert a blank row in the next record down are you? -- David T. Bath | Email:dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au (131.170.40.10) Senior Tech Consultant | Phone: +61 3 347-7511 TZ=AEST-10AEDST-11 Global Technology Group | 179 Grattan St, Carlton, Vic, 3153, AUSTRALIA "The robber of your free will does not exist" - Epictetus