Re: SQLPlus output format

From: David Bath <dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au>
Date: 20 May 93 00:31:52 GMT

paulk_at_spock.dis.cccd.edu (Paul Krikorian) writes:

>Hi, could anybody tell me if it is possible to get SQLPlus to display
>the result of a SELECT statement in the following format:

>column_1 = value
>column_2 = value
>.
>.
>.
>column_n = value

Yep, you need to use the COLUMN FORMAT command and indicate that you want a new line before that column. You will also need to append the string value to "column_1 =" in your select statement, or select these as separate 'columns' and format these "column headers" to start on a new line.

--
David T. Bath             | Email:dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au (131.170.40.10)
Senior Tech Consultant    | Phone: +61 3 347-7511 TZ=AEST-10AEDST-11