Re: Oracle and Windows NT

From: Dave Laudicina <dil.admin_at_mhs.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1993 12:37:52 GMT

>: There is already an Oracle database for Windows NT - it was one of the first
>: products demo'ed by MS on Windows NT at comdex.
>
>From what I hear though, at this point performance is awful. You might
>want to wait a while to give NT time to sort out bugs and mature before
>making a serious commitment.
>
>--> Robert
I read a journal note somehwere that said that Oracle was hesitant to jump into the NT realm because they wanted assurances from MS that they would not bundle MS SQL Server in NT. Plz don't flame me with a zillion reasons why V7 is better than SQL Server.

Thx Dave L Received on Tue May 18 1993 - 14:37:52 CEST

Original text of this message