Re: Oracle and Windows NT

From: Robert Gasch <rgasch_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 18 May 93 10:22:09 GMT

Shiraz Kanga (skanga_at_us.oracle.com) wrote:

: In article <1993May13.085435.1422_at_mwk.com> podowski_at_mwk.com writes:

: >We are currently running Oracle on both VMS and unix. I believe we will be
: >moving into the Windows NT world in the future. Has anyone out there heard
: >what Oracle is saying about porting to NT? I have heard some tidbits
: >here and there but nothing concrete.

: There is already an Oracle database for Windows NT - it was one of the first : products demo'ed by MS on Windows NT at comdex.

From what I hear though, at this point performance is awful. You might want to wait a while to give NT time to sort out bugs and mature before making a serious commitment.

--> Robert

  • Robert Gasch * "Hobbes, I've been thinking." *
  • Oracle Engineering * "On a weekend ?" *
  • De Meern, NL * "Well, it wasn't on purpose. *
  • rgasch_at_nl.oracle.com * - Calvin & Hobbes *