Re: SQL*Report

From: Craig Nirosky <craign_at_telxon.mis.telxon.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1993 15:51:16 GMT

In article <1993May11.202317.2571_at_news.unomaha.edu> moswald_at_cwis.unomaha.edu (Mike Oswald) writes:
>Anyone out there still using SQL*Report?
>
>I have seen and have my hands on a copy of SQL*Extended Report (RPE)
>but have yet to use it. Has anyone else tried this product?

I know of two firms that have products written in Oracle that use RPT as their report tool. One of the main reasons they use it is that you can update within an RPT program, but SQL*ReportWriter 1.1 cannot do this. I am only starting to learn RPT, but I have a feeling that RPT may be more powerful than SQL*ReportWriter 1.1. I am curious if many Oracle shops are using RPT?

I have not heard of RPE.

--
 cniro_at_telxon.com                               Craig Nirosky, MIS Dept.
 (216) 867-3700 x3651                           Telxon Corporation