SQL*Report

From: Mike Oswald <moswald_at_cwis.unomaha.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1993 20:23:17 GMT

Anyone out there still using SQL*Report? Since the VM platform does not support the development of SQL*ReportWriter I am stuck with SQL*Plus or SQL*Report for generating reports (well okay...so I have a few reports written in Pro*REXX).

I have seen and have my hands on a copy of SQL*Extended Report (RPE) but have yet to use it. Has anyone else tried this product? The formatting goes something like this:

#PAGE 1 61

$TABLE 1
$DECLARE L today a8
$DECLARE C CONSTANT "Sales Orders Sorted By Order Date" CENTER 80 -
$TITLE C "S A L E S   O R D E R S"  "  "
$DECLARE L CONSTANT "Page " END_AT 75
$END_TABLE
$SPACES 2

This translate into a RPT file like this:

#PAGE 1 61
.REM ********* TABLE 1 SUMMARY **************
.REM DECLARE NAME LENGTH TITLE LENGTH START END
.REM today 8 0 1 8
.REM CONSTANT 33 23 10 55
.REM CONSTANT 5 0 57 74
.REM page_no 4 0 76 79
.REM DEFINITIONS FOR TABLE 1
.declare today a8
.declare page_no 999

#dt 1 1 8 23 55 70 74 76 79 #

If I had time I would have posted both listings but hopefully this is enough to give you an idea that this utility could help in developing and maintaining SQL*Report files.

Like I said ... if your currently using it please let me know ... I need to find additional monies if the response it favorable.

Mike Oswald
moswald_at_cwis.unomaha.edu Received on Tue May 11 1993 - 22:23:17 CEST

Original text of this message