Re: FORMS 2.3: How exeqry when enter block?

From: Glenn Elliott <gee7759_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1993 20:00:25 GMT

David Cox (dcox_at_relay.nswc.navy.mil) wrote:
: I am using SQLFORMS 2.3.30 on a CDC 995 running NOS/VE. I have
: a simple form to allow modification of a date. I want the form to
: automatically execute a query when it is called. I have tried a
: PRE-BLOCK, PRE-FORM, and PRE-FIELD trigger (#exemacro exeqry)
: and I get the error message: Macro function illegal in this context.
: Can someone tell me how to do this right, and why my macro is
: illegal? Thanks.

Use KEY-STARTUP. Don't let the name fool you... the trigger fires as soon as the form is started whether or not you have pressed any keys.

Glenn

--
Glenn E. Elliott               | Anyone who believes that what I say or do
Computing Systems Analyst      | represents the policies or procedures of