Re: Oracle and MS-Windows DDE

From: Walker White <walker_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1993 12:40:20 GMT

ihollier_at_3445a.DaytonOH.NCR.COM (Ian Hollier) writes:

>I have heard that Oracle has a DDE server for MS-Windows that will allow a
>DDE aware application to talk to an Oracle RDBMS. Can anybody give me some
>information on this product. Does it support Oracle 7?

This product is called Oracle for Windows DDE/Toolbook Interface. It allows any DDE compliant application to get access to data in an oracle database through macros or other DDE interaction. ie Pull data into an Excel spreadsheet directly from the database with a macro then chart it. It uses the standard DDE initialize, peek, poke, etc.

The Toolbook Interface is used to support Asymettrix Toolbook.

>Thanks Ian
>--
>Ian Hollier
>CORE Team
>Ian.Hollier_at_3445a.DaytonOH.NCR.COM
>...!uunet!ncrcom!wtcp!3445a!ihollier

Walker White
Oracle Corporation

#include <disclaimer.h> Received on Thu Apr 29 1993 - 14:40:20 CEST

Original text of this message