Re: How to remove users

From: Daniel Druker <ddruker_at_agsm.ucla.edu>
Date: 25 Mar 93 00:34:23 PST

In article <thompson.1.732959626_at_cc.und.ac.za> thompson_at_cc.und.ac.za (Jacqui Thompson) writes:

>Hi,
> I have a query about removing users from our oracle system.
> We are running Oracle V6.0.34.
>
> I have revoked all grants to tables that these users may have, and have
> also revoked the connect privelege from them. After this they still
> seem to be on the system (with no priveleges) if I look at the view
> dba_users.

Can't be done in V6 without a total rebuild. Upgrade to ORACLE7 and there is a new DROP USER command, with an optional CASCADE clause to drop all their objects as well.

  • Dan

Daniel Druker
Anderson Graduate School of Management at UCLA

| Dan Druker                                                               |
| agsm mail 	: ddruker                                                  |
| internet 	: ddruker_at_agsm.ucla.edu                                    |
| oracle*mail	: unix:ddruker_at_agsm.ucla.edu                               |

Disclaimer: None. I'm a student now and I don't care what you think. Received on Thu Mar 25 1993 - 09:34:23 CET

Original text of this message