re: SAS ACCESS and ORACLE 7

From: Dave Laudicina <dil.admin_at_mhs.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1993 13:57:56 GMT

In article <1993Mar23.212542.16759_at_macc.wisc.edu> dly_at_vms.macc.wisc.edu writes:

>By the way, what statistical packages do all you others use if not SAS?
I installed SPSS for Windows for my wife to do her research with. So far I have found it to be a very user friendly system. It is geared to take the suntax stuff out of a researchers life so they can spend more time in analysis as opposed to coding. I believe they have accomplished this.

The software has enough ozone statistical methods to keep any doctoral or tenure seeker happy. Their are also drivers to go to Oracle V? and Sybase. Supports DDE.

SAS has a Windows version in Beta which will compete with this product.

I am hoping my wife will never have to log on to the mainframe and deal with cryptic suntax again.

Thx Dave L Received on Wed Mar 24 1993 - 14:57:56 CET

Original text of this message