Re: SQL*Forms 2.3 calling SQL*Forms 3.0

From: Wayne Mills <wsm26_at_cas.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1993 22:09:38 GMT

In article <1onksmINN972_at_rave.larc.nasa.gov>, p228_at_uni05.larc.nasa.gov (Bailey Bob) writes:
|> In article <1993Mar23.153305.14741_at_cas.org> wsm26_at_cas.org (Wayne Mills) writes:
|> >
|> >Our site has purchased an Oracle Corp financials package written in
|> >SQL*Forms 2.3. We'd like to write a couple new forms to supplement the
|> >capabilities of the Oracle package, however we'd prefer to write the
|> >new forms in SQL*Forms 3.0. Our users expect us to hook in the
|> >new forms to be called from the existing SF 2.3 menus, otherwise we
|> >could simply write a standalone set of SF 3.0 forms.
|> >
|> >Has anyone ever tried to do this? Can a SQL*Form 2.3 form call a
|> >SQL*Forms 3.0 form? I doubt it, so how about if we tried something trickier,
|> >like writing a SQL*Forms 2.3 form that essentially does a host command,
|> >and that host command would then be used to invoke our SQL*Forms 3.0
|> >form?
|> >
|> >Any comments on how we can accomplish this will be appreciated!
|> >
|> How about running the V2.3 forms through the V3.0 conversion utility and
|> then regenerating the forms? You could then call the new V3.0 forms
|> directly.
|>
|> Bob Bailey

It's an Oracle Corp package - preferably we don't want to mess with it's source. O/W we could do as you suggest if we wanted to spend the hours.

I got a reply that my "tricky" idea would work. We've tried it out and sure enough, our SF 2.3 form can indeed fire up our SF 3.0 form! So this will allow us to develop using SF 3.0 and Oracle's software can stay in SF 2.3 or be converted to SF 3.0 and we no longer care.

Thanks!

    Woody: What can I do for you, Mr. Peterson?     Norm: Elope with my wife.

Wayne Mills
INTERNET: wsm26_at_cas.org Received on Wed Mar 24 1993 - 23:09:38 CET

Original text of this message