semaphores

From: Joel Garry <tumidity_at_netlink.cts.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 93 16:23:16 PST

Thanks to all those who gave suggestions on my semaphore problem. I still have no idea why ipcrm didn't work, rebuilding the kernel with SEMMNS=120 worked just fine.
FYI page 2-17 of the Oracle for Unix system administration guide suggests changing SEMMSL. Sun considers it not necessary to tune, as it follows the definition of SEMMNS. Could someone tell the Oracle doc people? (I can't, because it will take a while for the government to convince Oracle they are a customer).

--
"See your System Administrator?" I *AM* the #%_at_!?& System Administrator!

INTERNET: tumidity_at_netlink.cts.com (Joel Garry)
UUCP:  ...!ryptyde!netlink!tumidity