Re: JAM & Oracle

From: Ralph Zuniga <zuniga_at_loligo.cc.fsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1993 17:19:26 GMT

In article <tyoung.14_at_stpaul.ncr.com> tyoung_at_stpaul.ncr.com (Todd Young) writes:
>In article <1n0l9cINNrqk_at_rave.larc.nasa.gov> p228_at_uni05.larc.nasa.gov (Bailey Bob) writes:
>
>>I am interested in getting some feedback from anyone that has used JAM from
>>Jyacc to access an Oracle (or any others for that matter) database. I am
>>particularly interested in anyone who could compare/contrast the product
>>with SQL*Forms, but I would welcome any other comments about your impression
>>of JAM - i.e. ease of use, problems encountered, Jyacc Tech Support (good/bad?), etc.

        JAM is a very good product that supports a lot of platforms. The only disadvantages are 1) No 4th Generation Langauge support. You still need to program in C and 2) The executable programs get really big. This is a big disadvantage in the DOS world. Received on Tue Mar 09 1993 - 18:19:26 CET

Original text of this message