GQL

From: Ian Dixon <uidixon!idixon_at_infocom.co.uk>
Date: 9 Mar 93 20:39:14 GMT

I'm currently looking at GQL for a client. Has anybody got experience of this product?

It would be used to get data from Oracle running on HP/UX and/or SCO Unix.
The users would be putting this data into Windows apps, particularly Word, Excel and SPSS. Especially with SPSS, the data volumes could be quite high (50-100Mb).
The network is Ethernet with PC/TCP from FTP software.

A big plus for this particular product is that it also supports Unidata which my client uses for a central application.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

--
Ian Dixon                       Email : idixon_at_infocom.co.uk
Reading, England