Destroying databases and renaming databases

From: Selina Glynn <selina_at_dciem.dciem.dnd.ca>
Date: 9 Mar 93 17:08:52 GMT

My company just purchased oracle for SunOS, DOS and MacOS. I looked through all my documentations, could find anything about destroying a database. There doesn't seem to be a destroy database utility available. What files do I need to clean out to get rid of a database?

What are the steps involved in renaming a database? Basicall I want to rename the default database as a demo database and use the current SID for production. Any help or pointers are appreciated.

Selina

--
	Selina Wong-Glynn, DCIEM, Canadian Forces Base Toronto
UUCP:	   {decvax|ihnp4|watmath}!utzoo!dciem!dretor!selina