Rows-Processed Count (and Temporary Tables)

From: marianne.g.pittorino <gerette_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1993 20:02:39 GMT

Good Day, Good People:

Remember my post about dropping temporary tables with dynamic names in Pro*C? Well, some wonderful person (thanks, Gary!) discovered that I needed to precompile with mode=ansi14 instead of letting mode default to oracle.

However, when I precompile with mode=ansi14, it seems that my sqlca structures are no longer being set. I can live with checking SQLCODE instead of sqlca.sqlcode for errors, but I really need to know to what value sqlca.sqlerrd[2] is set (this is supposed to be number of rows processed). I currently include "sqlca.h" in every ".pc" file (as in #include "sqlca.h"). I cannot use "EXEC SQL INCLUDE SQLCA.H;" because I run my files through cpp first to expand define tokens.

Is there some value that takes the place of sqlca.sqlerrd[2] in the same way that SQLCODE takes the place of sqlca.sqlcode?

I am using RDBMS V6.0.36.0.1 and Pro*C 1.4.8.2.2.

Thanks,
Marianne Received on Tue Mar 09 1993 - 21:02:39 CET

Original text of this message