create tablespace/r.segs as sys or system. (Export/Import)

From: Petter Henrik Hansen <petter_at_fdmetd.uucp>
Date: 3 Mar 93 10:06:23 GMT

My application does not work and it says that a table/view is missing after an export/Import.

Scenario: 1. Database created. Tablespaces and rollback segments created

             by user sys.

          2. Application tables loaded.

          3. Full database export.

          4. Database created.

	  5. I wanted to change the database a bit, so I created the
	     rest of the tablespaces and rollback segments again as
	     user system.  (With the same sizes)

	  5. Imported the database.

	  6. My application insists that a table or view is missing.
	     (I checked that all tables were imported again)

Now comes the fun part.

	If I recreate the database and add all tablespaces and rollback
	segments as user SYS, then the application is OK.

	Does anyone have an explanation to this?

	If I get enough answers, I'll summarize to the net.

Oracle 6.0.34.3.1
IBM AIX/6000 3.2.1 Petter Henrik Hansen, FD Software a.s, P.O. Box 248, 0212 OSLO 2, NORWAY

Phone : +47 2 52 84 02                            Fax   : +47 2 52 85 10
E-mail : ...!mcsun!nuug!fdmetd!petter   or       petter_at_fdmetd.uucp
	or petter%fdata.uucp_at_nac.no

<The opinions expressed, if any, do not represent FD Software a.s> Received on Wed Mar 03 1993 - 11:06:23 CET

Original text of this message