How to delete a database?

From: Brent Lambert <brent_at_spss.com>
Date: 4 Mar 93 16:59:30 GMT

I have created an additional database which I now want to remove. What is the proper procedure for doing so?

To be more clear, when Oracle was installed, the initial database had SID=cap. Everything was fine, but 'cap' was extremely basic and we needed something a little more sophisticated. So I modified a create_db SQL script I got from this group and ran it to create a new database, with the same ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID=new. I left 'cap' running until I got 'new' ready to be used.

Having played with 'new' for awhile, I'd now like to delete 'new' and re-create it using the revised script. Obviously, I don't want to damage 'cap' in the process. I can shut down 'cap' for a short time if that's necessary. I haven't found any documentation describing the process for deleting a database. Can someone out there give me an idea of how to do it or where to RTFM? Thanks.

Potentially pertinent information:

    IBM RS6000, AIX 3.2
    ORACLE RDBMS V6.0.31.0.1 - Production

--
The above statements are not the opinions or policies of SPSS Inc.
The above statements may not be the opinions of Brent Lambert.