Re: Using Mac's for client/server Oracle application

From: Stephen Schow <sjs_at_netcom.com>
Date: 25 Feb 93 19:01:20 GMT

I would highly consider using a UNIX server instead of the mac. The graphical mac fro ends are client apps that can still be used by the DBA against an RDBMS that is sitting on a UNIX host. If you absolutely don't have someone who is UNIX literate, than that is that. But if someone is going to have to administrate that mac server anyway, that person should be smart emough that they could learn enough about UNIX to deal with one UNIX box as the server.

With Oracle7 coming out and all the new Oracle Client products, you will want to keep up with this technology. The Mac-client apps are moving that way, but I don't know about the actual RDBMS.

Steve Schow | But you don't have to use the claw, if you sjs_at_netcom.com | pick the pear with the big paw paw...... (415) 354-4908 | Have I given you a clue......? | - Baloo the Bear