Re: Problems with LONG RAW data using Oracle OCI from Windows

From: Martin Jarvis <smj_at_jbecpor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1993 15:16:42 +0000

I get _exactly_ the same problem !!!!

I have been using a product called Business Objects which runs under Windows and accesses a database on our Sun unix box. It has a faility to save a query to the server (which I guess is held as a long). If I do this a few times, the database connection hangs on me. I also get exaclty the same problems in SQL*DBA !!! If I kill the background process on the Sun, I can carry on as normal.

If oracle.com are listening, I would love to know the answer.

Regards,

Martin

   Martin Jarvis                         |    John Brown E & C Ltd,
   smj_at_jbecpor.demon.co.uk               |    1 Buckingham Street,
   Martin Jarvis /JBEC-Portsmouth, IT | Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK