Re: Using Mac's for client/server Oracle application

From: Wendy Davis <cb910_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu>
Date: 25 Feb 1993 17:01:41 GMT

In a previous article, enterprise.rdd.lmsc.lockheed.com (Darrell Merrick) says:

>Oracle Server for Macintosh is Oracle version 6 and
>a version 7 release has not yet been announced. In the past the Mac
>has been behind the other platforms in terms of Oracle product releases,
>but Oracle has been putting more emphasis on the Mac lately.

We have been running Oracle Server for Macintosh for about 6 months now. When I inquired about Oracle 7, I was told that Oracle had no plans to release a version 7 server for Mac. We would have to be happy with accessing a Sun (or some other platform) if we wanted Oracle 7.

Other than that, we found the Mac server to be fine...as long as you don't want to run much else on the mac. As you know, the Mac doesn't support true multitasking, so delays can occur.

Good luck,
WeNDY

--
              Not just a job...it's a way of life.

Wendy Davis  Research Imaging Center  davisw_at_biad17.uthscsa.edu