Re: Oracle & Unix SYSVR4

From: E. Drew Einhorn <einhorn_d_at_apsicc.aps.edu>
Date: 8 Feb 93 16:35:00 GMT

In article <1993Feb4.081539.3690_at_qiclab.scn.rain.com>, tcox_at_qiclab.scn.rain.com (Thomas Cox) writes...
>guy_at_mais.hydro.qc.ca (Guy Harel) writes:
>>gerrit_at_vtm.be writes:

>>>The other day we had a meeting with a salesperson of Oracle. I asked him
>>>a question about the availability of Oracle on PC/Unix. He replied to me that
>>>a version exists but that it was intended to be used on SCO Unix.

>>>Has anybody used it with other Unixes for PC and if your answer is true, did
>>>you encounter any problems ?

I am running Oracle on Dell Unix SysVR4 Issue 2.2

Had a few problems that went away when I upgraded to 6.0.36.5.1 Beware the last SQL*Loader patch it broke SQL*Loader on my machine. Restored an older version from backup tape and everything was cool. Don't know if this problem is specific to Dell or more general.

Big problem was figuring out how to get a valid terminal description. Neither Dell nor Oracle Tech Support was very. Ended up working around the problem by picking the ansiu.r resource file and then learning some of the mysteries of .Xdefaults to remap the keyboard to make things fit. While I was looking
for a solution I found an incomplete Oracle utility utd. It is not all there. Will probably be finished in a future release. It prompts you with key names, then asks you to press a key. When you are done, it will build the terminal description. Received on Mon Feb 08 1993 - 17:35:00 CET

Original text of this message