Info. wanted: Oracle & RTM, Suns, and Pro*C

From: Sanjiev Chattopadhya <schatt_at_gmuvax2.gmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1993 18:25:58 GMT

Project Decription:

	We are trying to integrate a custom case tool called Foresight
	to the RTM (Requirements Traceability Management) casetool
	via the its underlying Oracle database in a
	Sun Sparc Unix environment.

	We want to use Pro*C with either GNU C or Sun's C
	compiler to populate RTM's Oracle database.

	Foresight would generate the Pro*C code to interact with the
	Oracle database.

	Unfortunately I dont know what version of Oracle RTM is running,
	but I think it is one of the 2 most recent releases.

Wanted:

	Recommendations for Oracle/Pro*C books/documentation in a
	Unix environment.

	Tips/Info. on GNU C/Sun C <-> Oracle with Pro*C
	Tips/Info. on GNU/other C++ <-> Oracle with Pro*C
	Tips/Info. on RTM <-> Oracle interface

	Note: All of the above is for a beginner level person.

Since the above is probably not of general interest please email responses.

Thanks in advance.
--Sanjiev Chattopadhya

schatt_at_gmuvax2.gmu.edu Received on Mon Feb 08 1993 - 19:25:58 CET

Original text of this message