Re: Loading Oracle 5.1A on OS/2 2.0 in a DOS BOX

From: Richard Holowczak <holowczk_at_rwja.umdnj.edu>
Date: 22 Dec 92 01:16:18 GMT

orville%weyrich_at_uunet.uu.net (Orville R. Weyrich) writes:

[Tale of Oracle install deleted]

>Has anyone successfully installed this version of Oracle with OS/2 2.0?

>How?

>[Or does anyone have a developer's copy of Oracle that works with OS/2
>for sale real cheap?]

>Thanks for advice,

           In an OS/2 article in BYTE magazine, Oracle was one
           application which was said to be incompatible with OS/2 2.0.
           It seem the Oracle PME is not compatible with OS/2 2.0 XMS.
           I have not tried it myself having read the article first.

           Oracle has an OS/2 edition but it is currently only supported
           by OS/2 1.x.

>orville

>-------------------------------------- ******************************
>Orville R. Weyrich, Jr. Weyrich Computer Consulting
>Certified Data Processor POB 5782, Scottsdale, AZ 85261
>Certified Systems Professional Voice: (602) 391-0821

      Certified by who?

[1mRich Holowczak[m               holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu
Rutgers University
Ph.D. Computers and Information Systems Program "Availability of Distributed Databases During Network Partitioning"
| The .sig, the whole .sig and nothing but the .sig | Ask about the |
|           <<< This space for rent >>>             | car alarm FAQ |